Project Overview Medair is working under the registration of World Concern in Bangladesh and based in Cox’s Bazar. We have 3 Nutrition centres, 3 Medical Mobile teams and a Shelter distribution project. The main aim of our project is to provide essential services to the Rohyingya people in Bangladesh.Workplace & Conditions Field based position in Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh.Starting Date & Initial Contract Details As soon as possible. Full time, 12 months.Key Activity AreasHealth Management
- Be responsible for the implementation, management, supervision and support of the projects in line with the activity plan and time frame of the project proposal and international guidelines.
- Provide daily leadership to mobile medical teams in the camp setting providing oversight and supervision.
- Ensure that regular monitoring and evaluation assessments are conducted both against project objectives and to ensure the quality of the programme, with reports being made to managers.
- Provide input into the integration of beneficiary participation and accountability in the project.
- Oversee the process of data collection, collation and dissemination to meet the requirements.
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of activities for internal and external reports (e.g. monthly, quarterly and final reports) as requested by field managers, HQ and donors.
- Input into the development of the country strategy, new projects and/or donor proposals as requested by field managers.
- Manage the recruitment, day-to-day management, development and training, appraisals, etc.
- Ensure the team members receive relevant supervision, coaching and training in order to develop their personal and professional skills, knowledge and understanding.
Financial & Logistics Management
- Work to plan, construct and manage health budgets for the assigned health project(s).
- Manage the correct and timely ordering (within budgetary constraints) of all necessary medicines, supplies and equipment, ensuring minimum stocks are maintained and items are distributed correctly.
Communication and Coordination
- Serve as communication and coordination focal point. Develop supportive communication structures.
- Implement policies and standards relating to health service delivery including Sphere and HAP standards, etc.
- Participate as requested in Medair internal workshops and distance learning.
Team Spiritual Life
- Reflect the values of Medair with team members, local staff, beneficiaries, and external contacts.
- Work, live, and pray together in our Christian faith-based team settings. Fully contribute to the rich spiritual life of your team, including team devotions, prayers, and words of encouragement.
- Encouraged to join and contribute to Medair’s international prayer network.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.Qualifications
- Clinical degree or diploma (nurse, midwife paramedic, or doctor), or Public Health degree.
- Good knowledge of English (spoken and written.
Relief & Recovery Orientation Course (ROC)Everyone who works as an Internationally Recruited Staff in one of our field programmes must first successfully complete the Medair ROC. Read more for information, dates and related costs.Experience
- 2 years’ post-qualification nursing / medical professional experience.
- Experience working on emergency response team, in A&E/ER, or prior training in mass casualty events.
- Able to develop and maintain effective relationships with colleagues, beneficiaries and local authorities.
- Good report writing and problem solving skills. Excellent organisational skills.
- Able to prioritise, enforce procedures, set clear objectives and delegate.
- Committed to consultative and servant minded leadership.